Part 2 Sponsorship

Crowd Funding has now closed at Offbeatr. Thankyou everyone who supported us. It was touch and go for a while, but we made our base target with minutes to spare. :O

http://offbeatr.com/project/redemption-of-the-crimson-empress-part-2-67812055153

Saturday 31 August 2013

A Quick Update

The Crowd Funding has officially closed. For small project like ours, Offbeatr keeps 25% of what they collect (not what was pledged) so we will get the rest in about a month when their credit card processor pays them. At this stage, it looks like we will receive around $3,000 from them.

Malo has been giving our prospective artists the background material they need to get the idea of what we are after and we will be getting some commissions out in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile I am back working on the code. I have done major work to the scoring code, revamping it so it is more straight forward and fixing some of the bugs.

To those of you who said that the instant win scenarios we coming up too often, you were absolutely right. The detection code for 4 pairs was written by someone who ... Well, lets not go into that, it is fixed now or at least it will be in the next release. (You know I am annoyed with myself when I started talking about myself in the third person.)

Somewhere else in the code however, I have broken save game. I have been tweaking the event system for Part 2 and I broke it. I am trying to work that out right now and will get back to it when I finish this blog entry.

Release 1.4 will not be backwards compatible for saved games sorry. But, if you are one of our $100+ sponsors, you will have cheat mode. Release 1.4 should be out this weekend unless the save game bug is worse than I think it is.

I am aiming for 1.4.1 next weekend which will have a bit more of the setup for Part 2. It will be the last little bit before you start testing your card playing skills again. :)

The first version of this update recommended you go have a look at eroticartzone to see the galleries of our prospective artists. The real site seems to have disappeared in the last 12 hours or so and been replaced by something I would not trust. 

EroticArtZone.com is back. Go and take a look at some of the art, especially our own Malo.



No comments:

Post a Comment