Part 2 Sponsorship

Crowd Funding has now closed at Offbeatr. Thankyou everyone who supported us. It was touch and go for a while, but we made our base target with minutes to spare. :O

http://offbeatr.com/project/redemption-of-the-crimson-empress-part-2-67812055153

Sunday 9 February 2014

Weekly Update

We are going through a bit of a slow phase at the moment. I have not been able to devote as much quality time to the project as I have wanted. The artwork is progressing, but not as quickly as I had hoped, still we are making progress.

In the last week, I have incorporated more Dzazd and Kitaxxa artwork into the game and you will see that in the next release.

I have also been working on implementing one of the comments which I have called "Luck".

As you will have experienced, there is a significant amount of luck associated with the game, with the turning over of the top card in your turn (and theirs). You may get a good one and you may get a bad one. You have no control.

"Luck" ranks all the cards in the deck according to benefit to you. If you have a "Luck" of 1, you get the next one up from the one you would have gotten. "Luck" of 4 and you get the 4th better in the rankings.

I will be putting Luck in the next release as a slider on the options pane for people to play with. It won't stay there and will be factored in elsewhere for when you overwhelm an opponent attribute wise.

Here is a shot of a game that I just played with a "Luck" of 4.



You might noticed that the deck looks strange. That is because when Luck is in play, cards get dealt from random places in the deck. I was going to fix it, but I may leave it as an indicator that Luck is involved.

All being well, there will be a new release next weekend.

After this, I will be focusing on:
  1. making sure the game plays all the way through to Redeeming The Empress;
  2. finishing off all the scene descriptions for the artists;
  3. working on some of the art work myself;
  4. fixing bugs and incorporating suggestions.


5 comments:

  1. wonderful! I look forward to the next release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another way to play around with the game's luck-based nature and such is to take a look at the opponent AI. This is actually something which Way did: An opponents AI-behaviour was directly tied into how much they liked/loved your character. At first they quite viciously sniped your best combos if they were able to and were definitely playing to make you lose. Once they started liking you more, they started playing slightly more randomly, less focussed on crushing you. Once they genuinely loved you, they'd actively be aiding you in scoring massive points. I really like this system and find it quite realistic. At first you won't be all that sexually compatible, but the more you get into each other, the easier it will be to get each other off. This worked nicely in tandem with the size of your hand (your innate skill) and the size of the opening board (your knowledge of a particular character's sensitivity) to create the impression that you were getting somewhere with a character. I think this would also make sense in the context of seduction and domination attempts; the more they like you, the more receptive they will be to your advances by default. Anyway, just a thought, and keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have played a bit of Way and I did not notice that. I have just written a new advanced strategy for the opponent which will be able to do what you said to some degree. It will target the 2 and 3 card combos rather than just collecting matches.

      I will look into wrapping that in.

      Delete
  3. Really enjoying the game thus far. I missed the crowdsourcing window, but are you still taking donations at all? I'd be happy to chip in, even if I can't help much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are accepting Renderosity Gift certificates at present. (Renderosity sells a lot of the resources our artists use.) Rewards are as for the crowd sourcing. Please email me ( oncardam at gmail.com ) if you are interested.

      Delete