Part 2 Sponsorship

Crowd Funding has now closed at Offbeatr. Thankyou everyone who supported us. It was touch and go for a while, but we made our base target with minutes to spare. :O

http://offbeatr.com/project/redemption-of-the-crimson-empress-part-2-67812055153

Sunday 23 March 2014

Status Update

It has been a slow couple of weeks. Real life issues have meant that I have not had a lot of time to work on the game. I am making slow progress on the updater and have just about got it going. I have also been working on the patrol images.

Sorry there have not been any fixes. Some of you have gotten quite a long way in to the game and are stuck at present, I am patching things a bit willy-nilly at the moment. I think I need to step back a bit and take a better look, attacking it in a more structured way.

For that I need time. Hopefully things will settle down and I can give the game the attention it needs.

Below is one of my latest images for you consideration. It is not postworked yet, but I thought you might like to see a work in progress.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good, and for a game this good i can wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a kind of general question. I'm going to be changing my hard drive in the next few days, so I am wondering; Where do my save games go, so I can transfer that over to the new hard drive?

    Also, pictures looking good, don't feel obliged to rush an update ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe this helps

      http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/FAQ#Where_does_Ren.27Py_store_my_save_games_and_persistent_data.3F

      The Ren'Py engine stores save games and persistent data under a separate folder. It's exact location depends on the host operating system.

      Windows:
      %APPDATA%/RenPy/game_directory

      This is usually:
      C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\Application Data\RenPy\game_directory

      Where YOURNAME is your username.

      By the way, good job with the render ^_^

      Delete
    2. Thanks, it is is an interesting and challenging sequence to do.

      Also thanks for explaining how to find the save folder. The Renpy framework saves a lot of files we don't use. The important files are in the Renpy/persistent folder under Application Data.

      Delete
  3. A quick update on the Updater. I have it working as a stand alone program. Now I just have to get it to work integrated into the game. I hope that won't be too hard. :)

    ReplyDelete