Part 2 Sponsorship

Crowd Funding has now closed at Offbeatr. Thankyou everyone who supported us. It was touch and go for a while, but we made our base target with minutes to spare. :O

http://offbeatr.com/project/redemption-of-the-crimson-empress-part-2-67812055153

Sunday 2 March 2014

Weekly Update

Just a quick update to let you know where we are at.

Firstly, some bad news. BGrisset who did that fantastic artwork for Cerise is unable to continue on the project. I can understand what it is to run out of hours in the day ...

At this stage, I am not looking to recruit anyone new and I will be looking to pick up the slack myself if I can.

Thanks everyone who has been playing the Alpha version.  GaronakVashnu seems to be out in front and is well into the game.

After some bug reports about things no longer working back in Part 1, I have gone back to make a run through that and fix anything I find.

I am also starting to work on the Patrol images myself and will be doing fixups in the Patrol code as I work through them.

JClyde and Elynda have been doing great work on their scenes and JClyde has started looking to do the Jade scenes when he finishes with Kitaxxa. Elynda is starting on Zarielle in the Gardens. She has given us a few more great ones for Zarielle in her bedroom that I have to incorporate.

I am looking into an incremental updater so that you will not need to download patches or full downloads any more. I have worked out how to do it I think. Now I just have to find some time to do it.

I leave you with my latest piece of artwork. Thanks everyone for your support.


8 comments:

  1. Excellent and unique project you've got here. On my first playthrough of part 2 (1.6.4), I could never get either the Emerald/Topaz go missing event or the Tanzy DP event to trigger. When I finally found the belt buckle (which took far too many tries), nothing came of it. I believe the game said that Dzazd would want to speak with me early in the morning, but that never happened. Also, I got Taeleine to heart status and did the sleeping/dreaming Taeleine scenes before even finding the belt buckle, so I'm not sure the dependency tree you linked to in the other post comments is working as intended. Other than those issues and maybe picking up the pacing slightly (making it easier to build stats and improve npc dispositions), it is showing a lot of promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Emerald/Topaz go missing even and the Tanzy DP event are subjects of an upcoming bug fix. Should be ready soon.

      Delete
  2. Woop, woop. I got a mention.

    Anyway, I tried that latest patch you offered me and that seems to have worked! Amathingy is talking to me now and engaging in the sexy times. Sexy times.

    I've yet to DP Tanzy, according to the spoiler guide thingy, but I vaguely recall that being mentioned already as a bug you are working on fixing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tanzy DP will only happen if you are lucky at the moment. I will be fixing properly in the next couple of days. :(

      Delete
    2. Was wondering if you could clear something up!

      I've been browsing the spoiler/guide thingy from time to time, basically when I've played it for an hour or two and haven't made any progress, and I'm a little confused as to the next part.

      So, I've got Amathingy <3 and Zarthingy has given me her report. So that's that part of the tree done. The next bit points to Clavielle trap and/or Scorian captured. I received a message from Cerise (My fav by the way... or maybe Kit...) telling me something about being invited to her room after morning.

      I've tried to visit her room, Ama's, and Clav, as well as visiting them at court and in the garden's at as many times of the day as I can, and don't seem able to advance any further yet.

      Do I need to have captured Scorian first?... and who is Scorian for that matter? ^^

      Delete
  3. Aww, that's a shame about BGrisset, they were sexy renders. I'm glad he did as much work as he did for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he will be missed, mind you, Elynda, Malo, and JClyde are all awesome too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Oh yes. An updater would make me SO happy you have no idea.

    Sadness about BGrisset having to pull out of the project, Cerise was one of my fav chars so far. Hope this doesn't mean we'll get fewer scenes with her than planned.

    ReplyDelete