Part 2 Sponsorship

Crowd Funding has now closed at Offbeatr. Thankyou everyone who supported us. It was touch and go for a while, but we made our base target with minutes to spare. :O

http://offbeatr.com/project/redemption-of-the-crimson-empress-part-2-67812055153

Friday 4 April 2014

New Alpha Release

Hi Everyone,
                      The Alpha release is here along with the update feature. It's still a bit rough, but it works ok. It does get a little confused and update somes files every time. I am working on fixing that.

There are new images for Jade's encounter with the flower trap. Choose the "Play Dumb" route to see them. Oh and yes, that mostly leads to a bad end, but you can beat. I did it with about 4 or 5 tries. :)

The patch is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/690dw68crd8aow8/ROCER1.7.0-P-all.zip

You MUST delete the renpy folder in your current version before applying the patch as renpy has been updated in the patch. Merging the folder causes a conflict and you will get an error as reported in the comments below.

You MUST use Get Updates from the main menu before you play as this patch does not include any images.

If you have not downloaded before, you can use the following for a full download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n3ed61527eaxi9c/ROCER1.7.0-all.zip

NOTE: This is an Alpha release. The older versions to the right are more Beta quality, but do not go as far. Please also note that the game is probably not completable right now. There are bugs in some of the events and I am still sorting through it all.

Right now, I am focusing on artwork and game play for the Patrol section, so that is where you will see the most movement for a while.

Cheers, Oncardam.

15 comments:

  1. Not working for me I'm afraid. Here's the problem:

    I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

    While loading the script.
    File "renpy/common/_errorhandling.rpym", line 30, in script
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_or_create_style'

    -- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

    Full traceback:
    File "C:\Users\Keegan\Documents\My Games\Legend of Queen Opala - Golden Edition\Redemption of Empress\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 286, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
    File "C:\Users\Keegan\Documents\My Games\Legend of Queen Opala - Golden Edition\Redemption of Empress\renpy\main.py", line 223, in main
    renpy.exports.load_module("_errorhandling")
    File "C:\Users\Keegan\Documents\My Games\Legend of Queen Opala - Golden Edition\Redemption of Empress\renpy\exports.py", line 1850, in load_module
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
    File "C:\Users\Keegan\Documents\My Games\Legend of Queen Opala - Golden Edition\Redemption of Empress\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
    File "C:\Users\Keegan\Documents\My Games\Legend of Queen Opala - Golden Edition\Redemption of Empress\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in execute
    s = renpy.style.get_or_create_style(self.style_name) # @UndefinedVariable
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_or_create_style'

    Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
    Ren'Py 6.17.3.327

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid I got the same problem!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I have updated the renpy version and I did not realise merging the old and the new causes a problem.

      As noted above, remove the renpy folder in your current version before copying in the patch.

      Delete
    3. Great, works now. Keep up the great work Oncaram. It feels like all the mechanics are in place and now all you need to finish the game is a couple hundred pictures :P.

      Good luck! I only recently found this game and am trying to get the word out.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, most of the mechanics are in place. As you say, a couple of hundred pics and a lot of tweaking and bug fixing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait r u saying the next release will have couple of hundreds of images?!?!!? oh such a lovely eastern holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeek no. Sorry, I did not mean to give that impression. We have a couple of hundred images still to go and it takes hours per image. We have 4 people doing artwork, but they have to fit that in, in their spare time.

      We will get it done, but it will be progressive over quite a few releases.

      Due to RL issues a few of us are way behind where we expected to be by now, but we will get it done.

      Delete
  4. So!

    According to the spoiler guide I'm almost at the end! I've received my Irradium thingy igniter. I've got all the people who need to be in love with me in love with me. The submissive are submissive and the enemies have been made pregnant.

    However, Dzayd thingy refuses to hand over the bell, I'm not sure if I have the good or bad igniter and the trap for Clav doesn't seem to be... there. Also no idea how to find Scorian or capture him!

    Other than that, Imma ready to hump the Empress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a spoiler guide?! Where exactly?! I've been stumbling around with no clear idea what to do!

      Delete
    2. Some time back, I posted a pic of how the events are supposed to progress. Sadly, a few things are broken, so you can't get to the end yet. I am addressing that at the moment.

      Delete
    3. How far back exactly? Since I just went through the majority of the posts here on the blog and I found no such pic. I am eager to see this, despite some things being broken, an old guideline is better than no guideline.

      Delete
    4. Here is the link to the diagram: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44227178/Spoiler.jpg

      Delete
  5. I will have to have words with Dzazd and check on those other issues as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be nice to have a wiki or something, and if someone volunteered to do it, I would support them, but right now I am concentrating on getting the game finished.

    Also, as the game matures, some things that are a bit obtuse will become more obvious. I have a who lot of gossip topics to create to replace the "did you hear ...".

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it still possible to donate to the project even if your offbeatr has finished? plus would you still get the rewards

    ReplyDelete